Here is an up-to-date collection of the projects we’ve accomplished this week
and the projects we’ll be continuing next week!
- The new parking lot’s sidewalk and the first lift of asphalt are complete. The final lift of asphalt will take place this spring.
- The exterior insulation and Finish Systems (EFIS)/Stucco will begin to be applied this week.
- Last week, we framed the exterior for plastic coverings for protection against the elements. Our windows will begin to be framed in with glass this coming week.
- Track/Racquetball Building: The track will be finishing up this week, and our fire door will be installed by the track beginning Monday. Our new ceiling, carpet and vinyl wall coverings will be worked on next week. the track and vinyl base is completed.
- Gymnasium: In our gymnasium, relighting started last week and will continue this coming week.
- Hallway/Doorway/ADA Locker Rooms: This week, we’ll begin removing carpet and vinyl wall coverings in the hallway, along with ceiling tile and grid work in the hallway. We’ll be replacing lighting in the hallway and the ADA locker rooms. We will be enlarging the doorway into the track building, installing a 6 foot door and a fire proofing door in the hallway.
- In the new building, we started the exterior insulation and finish systems and the sheet rocking. Mechanical and electrical rough-ins will continue, and the mechanical units have been set on the roof. We’ll also be installing the windows.
If you’d like to see weekly pictures of our progress, please visit this website.
Courts Plus is excited to announce plans for a new website! This will enable you to navigate more easily so you can be the first to know the latest in Courts Plus updates! We are looking forward to making our website even more accommodating to your wants and needs.
Do you have any suggestions of what you’d especially like our website to offer? Let us know!
What would you, our members, really like to see included in the new kids play area? Do any activities come to mind? Let us know!
We’ll also have a room to rent for birthday parties! It’ll be an affordable alternative your child will always remember! We want everyone to be able to stay active, so look forward to hosting parties at Courts Plus Fitness Center!
If you have any suggestions, please contact Courts Plus or Sales Manager Mike Peschel at any time. He can be reached at 701-237-4805 or via email at email@example.com.
Construction for our new remodeling project is still going strong!
- Twenty-two windows have been installed in the weight rooms and around the track on the south side of the building.
- Our upstairs locker rooms are undergoing major renovating and we are hopeful that this area will be open by September 14th.
- Tennis courts 5, 6 and 7 are now completely ready for use, as of Wednesday, August 29th.
- The fire sprinkler crew is moving to the basketball courts and will be working on one court at a time so the rest are easily accessible and ready for use at all times.
- Installation for the new basketball court lighting has also begun this week in the same bay as the fire sprinklers.
- Painting along the east side of the track has begun, and progress throughout the rest of the fitness building will continue this week.
- Structural steel was delivered to the club this week, so more construction at the front of the building will be underway.
Other areas of the club have been undergoing construction as well, but we hope that our members and guests will continue displaying such appreciated patience. We would like to thank you all for this support during our large project. Let’s continue working together to make this club a better place for every member to call their own club for years to come!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sales Manager Mike Peschel at anytime. He can be reached at 701-237-4805 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join now for 60 FREE days of membership!
For a limited time, receive two FREE months of membership at Courts Plus Community Fitness Center! This is a deal you may never see again at a fitness center that offers as much as we do! Join now and get in the best shape of your life!
Our renovation project is going well. With plans for a 36 foot high playground featuring an 18 foot slide, this will be the new hotspot for kids and parents alike!
Windows for the main cardio and weightlifting area will be placed soon and there will be new tennis lights for maximum playing time. The upper locker rooms are also undergoing extensive remodeling.
Look forward to more exciting updates!
We’re getting closer toward reaching our building goals! This week, these are the tasks we have either done or are in the process of doing.
The demolition is complete, the footings have been poured and we’re going to be framing and pouring next! We’ll also be putting a Firewall on Courts 3 and 4. Window placement along the west wall of the fitness area on the outside of our building is set for being installed the week of July 23rd. In the meantime, our crew is working around that.
We’ll also be using fill to bring up the level of our new addition to the height of our last building the end of this week or early on next week once the walls are poured. Skilled electricians are working on lighting and continue to demolish the existing lobby area. They’re pulling all electrical from the fitness building and bringing it toward the area that will be used in the future so it’s ready to go when we need it!
Courts Plus would like to thank all of you for your support and excitement! Stay tuned for more information on our new establishment!
Mayor Walaker, Fargo Park Commissioners and other prominent members of our community gathered for the groundbreaking of Courts Plus’ renovation and expansion project today, and we’re so excited to expand and renovate our building! The new expansion will feature a large indoor playground, additional community rooms, more group exercise rooms, a juice bar and a new Pro Shop.
We realize how important it is for you and your family to get and stay fit, have fun and build relationships, that’s why we are committed to finishing this major undertaking as quickly as possible. Our expected date of completion is January, 2013. We know your kids will love the large indoor playground we’ll be building, and the juice bar will be a great way to recharge! More room will mean more options and an even greater experience for everyone who walks through our doors.
Stop by and learn more about our exciting new renovation project today!
It’s a day for kids! Midwest Kid Fest 2012 is slated for June 15, 2012, and we couldn’t be more excited!
The free festival, which runs from 11 am to 7 pm, hosts 30 interactive educational booths, carnival games, entertainment stages and strolling entertainment. If you come early you can march in the Teddy Bear Parade, where kids bring their teddies and march in the short parade around Island Park! The parade begins at 10:30 a.m. at Dike West and proceeds around the park, ending at Midwest Kid Fest. Participants are also asked to bring a food item to donate to the Great Plains Food Bank at registration. If you plan on participating the Teddy Bear Parade, please print out the release form and drop off at registration.
Here is a list of events planned for Midwest Kid Fest 2012:
After the parade, Island Park will be filled with music, laughter and bright colors as children play and learn. All activities are free! Concessions available for purchase.
Performances at 2012 Midwest Kid Fest:
MAIN STAGE ENTERTAINMENT
12:00 pm: Penny & Pals w/ Fargo Parks Kids Workshop
1:00 pm: Horizon Middle School’s “Beauty and the Beast Jr”
2:00 pm: Jeff Salveson, Magician
3:00 pm: Summer Arts Intensive’s “A Chorus Line”
4:00 pm: Paul Imholte, Traditional Music
5:00 pm: Penny & Pals w/ TNT Kids Workshop
6:00 pm: Elevate Rock School Student Band
Midwest Kid Fest is a great summer activity for the whole family, and the Fargo Park District and Courts Plus is proud to be a part of it again this year! It’s important to keep kids active and learning during the summer months, and events like the Midwest Kid Fest are a great way to accomplish this.
Below is more information about the 2012 Midwest Kid Fest, just click on the image to make it bigger or print it out! See you at Midwest Kid Fest 2012!
We love to treat our members to special community benefits! By signing up for a Courts Plus membership, you can get a FREE POOL PASS to all Fargo Park District pools! Pools in the Fargo Park District include: Davies Pool, Island Park Pool, Northside and Southwest Pools! This isn’t a one-time pass. This pool pass will last throughout the ENTIRE summer!
To make this perk even better, we’re offering multiple pool passes for dual and family memberships!
This time of year can bring a lot of undesired anxiety with it being swimsuit season, and all. Allow all of us at Courts Plus to help you tone your body, feel more energetic and reach your goals. Slip into a suit of confidence this summer! Our personal trainers, group exercise classes and effective exercising equipment can help you on your journey toward better health and living.
All Fargo Park District outdoor pools will open on June 2nd, so sign up for your Courts Plus membership today!
Visit our website at CourtsPlus.org for more information.
We cannot express how proud we are of all the runners, volunteers, coordinators and businesses that helped make the Fargo Marathon another huge success this year. Congratulations to you all! The results are in, and 1,825 runners crossed the finish line for the half and 10K, while the 5K saw 8,400 men and women finish!
With temperatures in the 90s prior to race day, concerns of the potential heat conditions were prevalent. Thankfully, Saturday brought cool temperatures and rain. Participants from all over the nation came together to share their experiences and run the marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K and Kids Run. The runners and their stories were truly inspirational. Runners from across the U.S. and other countries strove to complete the race and ran toward their goal of supporting causes dear to their hearts. It’s a great event for our community, as well as for all those who participate.
The Fargo Marathon has been recognized as the 8th Best Overall Marathon in American, according to Runner’s World in 2010. We always encourage you to stay active, and we also urge you to actively participate in events that strengthen our community. Join us as we continue to support and take part in the Fargo Marathon. Let’s make the Fargo Marathon 2013 even bigger and better!